2017 Beale Street Music Festival
You’ve found it: the one-stop guide for anything and everything you need to know about the 2017 Beale Street Music Festival
About The FestivalBeale Street Music Fest is May 5-7, 2017 at Tom Lee Park in downtown Memphis, Tennessee, and features four stages of live music from more than 66 world-class acts. Three-day passes are available now, and single-day passes are available closer to the festival date. A part of the annual month-long Memphis In May International Festival, Beale Street Music Festival packs delicious food, eclectic performers, the Mississippi River, Southern charm, and the spirit of Memphis into one sublime weekend.
The 2017 lineup includes Jill Scott, Kings of Leon, Soundgarden Widespread Panic, Snoop Dogg, Sturgill Simpson, Death Cab for Cutie, Wiz Kahlifa, and MGMT.
Tips and Tricks
- Here’s the inside scoop from Beale Street Music Fest’s most experienced attendees.
- Once the lineup is released, use the BSMF Artist Guide to choose which of the 70+ bands you want to see. Once you have a plan, you can groove, move, and fully enjoy the music and excitement of Beale Street Music Festival without a worry.
- Know the map and schedule and know it well. Download the Beale Street Music Festival app, so you can stay up-to-date with stage times.
- Try the South entrance for a quicker, less crowded way to enter the Beale Street Music Festival.
- It will rain and it will shine! Prepare for all types of weather at BSMF, but also all types of fun. The rain never brings down the energy, and with a little prep it won’t bring down yours. Wear sunscreen, rock comfortable shoes that can get wet (think boots or sneakers, not flip flops or heels) and pack a poncho if you are going to wear your favorite band’s shirt.
- Eat before, during, and after the festival. Find food trucks and Memphis cuisine within the park, but also take time to experience the restaurants in downtown Memphis.
- More dining tips: Explore Beale Street and grab a bite for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, B.B. Kings, Alfred's or Dyer's. For late night snacking, head to Huey’s Downtown or Earnestine and Hazel’s after watching the last artist of the night.
- Know what to bring, and what not to bring. In addition to your ticket (be sure not to forget that), other items we suggest bringing include: a blanket for lounging, plastic baggies to cover valuables in case of rain, a photo I.D. if you are over 21. Memphis in May lists items that are not allowed in the festival on their information page. The festival allows backpacks, but keep it on the small side.
- You can bring a factory sealed water bottle or CamelBak for hydration.
How To Get ThereIf you prefer to drive to the festival, here is a map that includes all the parking garages and lots in Downtown Memphis. Almost all are within easy walking distance to the festival. If you're staying outside of Downtown Memphis, take a cab, Uber, or Lyft.
- General Admission 3 Day Pass are $115
- VIP Experience 3 Day Pass are $595
- Single-day passes are now available for $50
- You may also buy a ticket at the festival at the gate.
- All ages are allowed at Beale Street Music Festival, but no pets.
- ATMs are available, but all food and beverages are cash only purchases.
The Beale Street Music Festival gives an authentic Memphis experience to any visitor in one exciting weekend. Experience food, music, and fun with us along the mighty Mississippi on May 5-7, 2017.
Photos by James Wessels