11 Reasons Memphis is a Chart-Topping City
Memphis is a city with a rich and eclectic history. We can lay claim to a lot of things: Home of the Blues, Birthplace of Rock ’n’ Roll, BBQ Pork Capital of the World… on and on. With all the great milestones and traditions that take place in Memphis, we’ve earned the right to boast a little bit about what makes our city such a great place to live and visit.
Recent awards and polls have highlighted some of Memphis’ best assets – top notch attractions, awesome food, crazy good sports and rockin’ events. See some of Memphis’ latest distinctions below.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Graceland, Home of Elvis Presley named “#1 Best Iconic American Attraction”, “#1 Best Musical Attraction” and “#1 Best Historic Southern Attraction” by readers of USA TODAY 10Best.
- Memphis Zoo listed as one of America’s 10 Best Zoos by Fodor’s Travel.
- Indie Memphis Film Festival designated as a “Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” and a “Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World” by MovieMaker Magazine.
- Sun Studio named as a “Best Musical Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- National Civil Rights Museum named “#3 Best Iconic American Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Memphis (home of the Memphis Grizzlies) was named as the “Best NBA Destination” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music named as a “Best Musical Attraction” by USA TODAY 10Best
- Charlie Vergos’ Rendezvous, Payne’s BBQ and Interstate BBQ featured in “Top 10 BBQ Joints in the South” by Expedia.
- Beale Street named as “America’s Most Iconic Street” by USA TODAY 10Best.
- Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival rated as the “Best Southern Event” by USA TODAY 10Best
- Memphis named one of “North America’s Best Padding Towns” by Canoe & Kayak Magazine.